Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Mashed Cauliflower Do Over

I've made mashed cauliflower before. But I didn't use a recipe and it turned out only ok. This time I used a recipe.

I found this recipe from The Novice Chef and used it as a guideline.

And the results were amazing. I think this will become the standard recipe in The Good Household.

Ingredients:
1 head cauliflower, diced
Chicken Stock
1 shallot
2-3 garlic cloves
1/4 cup shredded cheese, I used an Italian blend
1/2 cup light sour cream
Salt and Pepper to taste

Directions:
~In a large stock pot over high heat, add cauliflower and enough chicken stock to completely cover the cauliflower. Bring to a boil and boil for 8 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.

~In a food processor, process the remaining ingredients until desired consistency, careful not to over-process. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.

recipe modified from: The Novice Chef

No comments: