Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mashed Cauliflower

I know it is hard to believe but even in The Good Household, we get a tad tired of mashed potatoes all the time. Blasphemy you say! But every once in a while it is nice to have some other form of mashed vegetable.

Now, I should have googled a mashed cauliflower recipe before I made this, but being hardheaded like I am, I figured I could just wing it. I mean, all I needed to do was replace the potatoes with the cauliflower, right?

I think the final result turned out well. While the cauliflower didn't have the same texture as mashed potatoes, they were still tasty. I would make this again in a heartbeat but maybe I will google it first.

Ingredients:
1 head of cauliflower, chopped
2 cups of chicken stock
2 tablespoons of butter
2 tablespoons of milk
1/2 tablespoon of garlic powder, roughly
1/2 tablespoon parsley, minced
1 cup cheddar cheese

Directions:
~Add the cauliflower and chicken stock and bring to a boil on the stove top. Cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes or until the cauliflower is soft.

~Drain the cauliflower and add it back to the pot. Add the butter, milk and garlic powder. Mash with a potato masher. Add cheese and serve immediately.

recipe by: The Good Wife

No comments: