Monday, September 19, 2011

Grilled Pound Cake with Brie and Peaches

As it happens sometimes in life, you get busy and with all those good intention pavers to hell, you get behind your activities. This is what happened to this post.

I wanted to post it a few weeks ago, right after I posted about making pound cake, but life and the beginning of my last semester in grad school got in the way and the post floundered under draft status while I was busy reading 300 pages about human resources. But I have caught up now and can finally post this great little dish.


The original recipe for this dish called for figs. I have never had figs and can't even find them in any grocery store in the area so I swapped it out with something I did have - white peaches. I grilled the peaches for a nice smokey taste against the creaminess of the brie. This was a nice mid-afternoon fatass snack.

Ingredients:
2 thin slices pound cake
a few slices brie
1/4 grilled white peach, thinly sliced
1 small rosemary sprig, chopped
2 tablespoons butter

Directions:
~Heat a grill pan over medium high heat. Remove leaves from rosemary and chop. When the grill pan is hot, add butter and rosemary. Place pound cake slices side by side in pan. Top one side with grilled peaches. Top the other side with the brie and allow to cook until the brie is melted, about 5 minutes. Gently place the slice with the brie on top of the slice with the peaches. Turn off the grill pan and allow the sandwich to sit in the pan for 1-2 minutes.

~Remove from pan. Allow to cool slightly, cut in half and serve.

recipe by:The Good Wife

No comments: