Thursday, October 6, 2011

Pumpkin Donuts

I have a confession to make. 

The Good Husband didn't know I had a blog for about 2 years. I don't know why he never questioned all the food photo taking, but whatever. Then a coworker asked for a recipe of mine and I emailed her the link to this blog. Then in talking to TGH, told him how she loved the blog.

He had no idea what the hell she was talking about and spend the rest of the day reading this. The first thing he said when he saw me after work that night was that I curse too much on here.

I laughed and told him if only he heard me in the kitchen. Like when I made these donuts, the second stop on our pumpkin tour, and spilled the bag on flour all over the floor. *(&^%^$&;%!!!

The original recipe called for the donuts to be brushed with melted butter and rolled in cinnamon and sugar but I skipped that step, however, I have included it in the directions if you want to do it.


Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon cloves
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
2 eggs
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup butter, softened
Cinnamon and sugar, for rolling
1/2 cup butter, for dipping

Directions:
~Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.

~In the bowl of your stand mixer, mix together the dry ingredients. Beat in the pumpkin, eggs, milk, and butter until well combined. Fill a large ziploc bag and snip off the end. Pipe into the donut pan. The batter will be thick.
~Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.  Cool on a wire rack.

~Melt the 1/2 cup of butter in a small dish and mix together cinnamon and sugar in a second dish for dipping. Dip the donuts in the butter and then the cinnamon-sugar mixture.

recipe modified from: here

No comments: