Monday, January 16, 2012

My Mom's Stuffed Mushrooms

This is one of the dishes that I can actually remember my mom making. But I know she hasn't made them in years. I thought it would be nice to make them for Thanksgiving. 

(and yeah I know I am just getting around to a fucking Thanksgiving post in January, but I have been a lazy heifer lately)


The white wine and mustard provide a sharp bite to the mushrooms while the cheese gives them a soft texture. My mom had forgotten just how good they were.

Ingredients:  
24 large button mushrooms
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
2 gloves of garlic, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoons dried basil
1/3 cup dry white whine
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
18 Ritz crackers, finely crushed
4 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Directions:
~Remove stems from mushrooms and reserve and roughly chop.
~In a large skillet, saute chopped mushroom stems, onion and garlic in olive oil until tender. Ass parsley, basil, wine and mustard. Simmer for five minutes.

~Remove from heat and let stand five minutes. Stir in cracker crumbs and cheese. Fill mushroom caps with mixture. Place on baking sheet and bake at 350 for 12 to 15 minutes or until done. Serve warm.

recipe by: my mom

No comments: