Saturday, May 12, 2012

Week 7 of the Weekly Organization Challenge

This is week 7 of The Good Wife's Weekly Organization Challenge! This week focused on organizing coupons.

I will confess that I don't use a lot of coupons. I have found that for the things we buy - organic/local/whole foods - there just aren't a lot of coupons out there for me. Plus our Sunday paper is now something like $3. No thank you.

However, I have found there are some coupon tips that help me keep organized.

The first one is online coupons and mobile coupons. Two of the local stores I go to have mobile coupon apps that allow me to "clip" coupons to my account and then when I am in the checkout, enter my PIN number and apply all the coupons to my order. I can log into my account at any time to add or delete coupons and when I view the ones I have clipped, they are separated into different categories for me.

Online coupons are another great resource. I used sites like Deal Seeking Mom and Red Plum to score coupons on things I will buy. I also sign up for emails from my favorite stores - Target, Meijer, Kohls - so I can have coupons emailed to me. I save on trees and ink and the gas used to haul coupons to my door.

When I meal plan for the week (more in the coming post) I reference the coupons I have clipped, make note of them on my list and head to the store.

For the average, non-extreme couponer, having everything mobile or in a coupon holder I got from the Target Dollar Spot, helps me organize my clippings.

Organize along with me in The Good Wife's Weekly Organization Challenges

No comments: