Sunday, July 8, 2012

Week 16 of the Weekly Organization Challenge

This is week 16 of The Good Wife's Weekly Organization Challenge! This week focused on the magazines and newspapers.

There was a time when we had both magazine and newspaper subscriptions, but in our efforts to go green, we eliminated most of them. We still occasionally get newspapers delivered to us, but we use them to clean the windows and mirrors.

But every now and then I will get a random magazine subscription come my way. After I had The Good Daughter, copies of Parents magazine started showing up. I would keep an issue for two months, usually putting it out on the coffee table in the living room. When I had several collected, I would then go through them and save the pages I thought were worth keeping.

In the back of my Brains of the Operation, aka Household Binder, I have several clear pockets were I like to keep the pages I save from magazines as inspirations.

I have them divided into several categorizes for easy access.


 I have recipes.


 Organization and decoration ideas.


 Craft ideas.


And kid stuff including games, ideas and food.

Even with saving only select pages from magazines, I still find that my inspiration section of the BotO can get a little full. So I like to try a craft or a recipe one or two times before deciding to keep the page or not. Some of the times the inspiration is a dud and I throw the page out. Sometimes I find something similar on Pinterest, and I don't need to keep the original.

Saving only select pages from magazines is a great way to cut down on clutter and organize all the magazines that can gather in the living room.

Organize along with me in The Good Wife's Weekly Organization Challenges

No comments: