Sunday, November 18, 2012

Week 35 of the Weekly Organization Challenge

This is week 35 of The Good Wife's Weekly Organization Challenge! This week focused on kids' games.

Since The Good Daughter has her own room, she keeps all her toys in there and out of the living room, like we had in the past. But I don't keep any of her games in her room.

One, I don't want her getting into them when I am not in her room and everything gets lost or messed up. Two, I love family game night and it is easier to have the games in a common area so we can get them out and actually play with them.

So the games live in our entertainment center.



Right now we have a good mix of adult and kid games.



We also have games that The Good Husband loves (Up Words, Chess, Checkers, Scrabble) which I hate and games that I love (everything else). Right now, TGD can play Candy Land and Operation. Everything else will just have to wait.




Since I couldn't fit all the games into one cabinet, this side doubles as game storage and DVD storage, mainly box sets. I have some card games in here as well as other kid games.

See that game Pictureka! in there? It is one of the best games I have ever played. I love it to death and play with anyone, anytime. I highly, highly recommend it. Everyone from my 88 year old grandma to my 6 year old niece loves it and we all have an amazing time.

This post rounds out kids' bedroom organization. I have highlighted how I like to group like toys, separate clothes by size and keep games in common areas to facilitate family game night.


Organize along with me in The Good Wife's Weekly Organization Challenges

No comments: