Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Burgers

Nothing is better or easier than burgers. Every time I make burgers at home I am reminded of that old Eddie Murphy stand up. The Good Husband like the thinness of McDonald's burgers but TGH never made homemade burgers and cannot understand that I cannot possibly make the burgers that thin. I am not a machine, damn it!

So my burgers turn out somewhere between McDonald's' thin and Eddie Murphy meatball, green pepper welfare burger. There are a million ways to dress up a burger from the meat to the seasonings to the toppings. This is the basic burger recipe I use most of the time. Any different seasonings and toppings are all based on this basic burger recipe.

Ingreidnets:
1 lb ground beef
1 tablespoon grill seasoning, I use McCormick Salt-Free Steak
1/2 tablespoon all purpose seasoning, I use Riley's Salt-Free
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tablespoon A-1 steak sauce

Directions:
~Combine all the of ingredients in a large bowl and mix by hand until well blended.

~Form into 8 patties and cook, either in a large skillet over medium high heat for 5 minutes each side or on an indoor grill for 5 to 6 minutes.

This burger I topped with French Fried Onions and pepper cheese. I should have added thick cut, black pepper bacon, smoked cheddar and BBQ sauce, but I didn't. But that sounds awesome, doesn't it? TGH likes his traditional, with a slice of American cheese, catsup, mustard and pickle. Sometimes he likes it with catsup, mayo, lectus, pickle and tomato, but those burgers are better left to summer, when a tomato really tastes like a tomato.

recipe by: The Good Wife

No comments: