Sunday, June 14, 2009

Strawberry Sorbet

Nothing says summer like a sweet, refreshing sorbet. Plus I had all those strawberries left over from the CSA box. I wanted to make ice cream but my lack of an ice cream maker left me with the option to make sorbet or granita. I chose sorbet, since I am lazy.

And it is on my 100 Foods I Want to Make List.


Ingredients:
1cup fresh strawberries
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons lemon juice

Directions:
~Purée the strawberries until well blended. Place in a container and chill in the fridge for an hour.

~Meanwhile, combine the sugar and water in a small sauce pan over medium heat and bring to a soft boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. When the sugar has completely dissolved, remove from heat and allow to completely cool before refrigerating for an hour.

~When both the syrup and strawberry puree have cooled, add the lemon juice and pour into a stainless steel pan. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 3 hours.

~Remove the pan from the freezer and allow to thaw slightly. Add the sorbet to the bowl of a food processor and blend until smooth. This gives the sorbet is fluffy texture.

~Pour the mixture into a shallow container and allow to freeze an additional 3 hours.

recipe by: The Good Wife

No comments: