Monday, November 23, 2009

Pan Roasted Cabbage Sprouts

I really wish there was a picture for this but hey, it gets dark at 4 pm now and I don't have any fancy lighting.

Using the cabbage sprouts I got at the Holiday Farmer's Market, I decided to modify a recipe I saw from Sunny Anderson on Cooking for Real. She used brussel sprouts instead.

Ingredients:
4 strips thick-cut bacon
2 tablespoons butter
1 pound cabbage sprouts, shredded
1/2 large onion, chopped
Salt and pepper


Directions:
~Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crispy. Remove, allow to cool and chop.

~Shred cabbage sprouts and add to the same pan with bacon fat. Add butter and onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until sprouts are golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and add bacon back to pan.

~Serve warm.

recipe modified from: Sunny Anderson

No comments: