Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My First Ever Product Review

I told you about my up coming product review here. I told you I struggled with finding something that was both eco-friendly and something I would get a ton of use out of.

I decided to get Kinetic Go Green Glasslock Assorted 8-Piece Food Storage Container Set.

I can always use storage in my kitchen and I love that the product is glass. I don't have to worry about any chemical leeching into the foods. I used them to store my homemade baby food.

Before my freezer was crowded with plastic bags full of baby food.

See?


Now my freezer looks like this:


What a difference. I still have some freezer bags (I made a ton of baby food) but it is mostly well contained now.

I love that I can stack the containers to make a more organized space. I placed sticky notes on the top of each lid so I could distinguish between the green cubes of peas and the green cubes of broccoli. I also love that the lids snap and lock into place so I don't have to worry about overfilling the container and having the lid pop off and get food every where.

Another benefit to the containers is the glass is super cold and thus, keeps the food super cold.

You can microwave in them but you cannot cook with them in the oven. That would be the only con.

The set contains the following sizes:
* Rectangular 1.75 cup (14 oz.) food storage container with lid
* Rectangular 4.25 cup (34 oz.) food storage container with lid
* Rectangular 8.5 cup (68 oz.) food storage container with lid
* Square 2.13 cup (17 oz.) food storage container with lid
* Square 3.75 cup (30 oz.) food storage container with lid
* Square 5.13 cup (41 oz.) food storage container with lid
* Square 11 cup (88 oz.) food storage container with lid
* Round 3 cup (24 oz.) food storage container with lid

I like having the variety of sizes and the smallest square and rectangle containers are good for single servings but I would definitely get a few more of the larger square and rectangle sizes to have on hand.

You can buy them separate or in several different set assortments here.

I would definitely recommend them.

Disclosure: I was supplied the product to review (thank you so much CSN Stores), but it in no way influenced this review. If the containers sucked, I would have told you.

2 comments:

Artist4life925 said...

Oooo I've been looking for a good set to use for freezing meals! Do you know if the lids are BPA free?

The Good Wife said...

I believe the lids are BPA free.