Thursday, April 28, 2011

Skinny Pizza

I love pizza like a fat girl loves pizza. It might have something to do with why I am fat. But to remedy the fat part, I made this "skinny" pizza the other night for dinner.

I won't lie and say The Good Husband was all over it, b/c he wasn't. He wanted normal fatty pizza. But he ate it anyway and while not as good as fatty pizza, it was still food for ass friendly food.

Ingredients:
1/2 pound turkey sausage
Mozzarella cheese
Pizza sauce
Whole Wheat English Muffins

Directions:
~Preheat oven to 350.

~Brown turkey sausage in skillet over medium high heat. Set aside.

~Split English Muffins and place on a baking sheet. Toast in oven for 3-5 minutes. Remove from oven. Top with your favorite pizza sauce, cheese and cooled sausage. Place back in the oven and bake until cheese is melted and warmed through.

recipe by: The Good Wife

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So what was I bothering to roll dough the other day?

Bookmarked!

Elizabeth said...

I love English muffin pizzas. Sometimes I think it's because of nostalgia for my hick-ish background, but I prefer to think it's because they're tasty.