Friday, May 13, 2011

Opening Day of 2011 Farmer's Market

Yesterday was opening day of the 2011 Farmer's Market season. I feel like summer is finally here. The Good Daughter and I headed out after work in the hope of getting some fresh strawberries.

We got there at 4:25.

They were sold out.

The market opened at 4.

Yeah.

So we cruised around the market and enjoyed the warm afternoon. This early in the season the vendors are mostly selling herbs and plants and I don't have much success in keeping that stuff alive. So we skipped it and opted instead to pick up dinner. We got apple brats, asparagus, salad greens, black walnuts and vanilla bean cake, on which I had to do quality control.

The "big" market downtown opens on Wednesday, so I'll probably head down there for opening day and see if I can find some strawberries.

Our CSA starts this week too. I have been on the waiting list for 2 years for this CSA. They consistently have the best stand at the big market and all my waiting has finally paid off.

As opposed to the last time we had a CSA, I hope to be able to blog about it more now that I don't have a newborn to take care of.

No comments: