Sunday, November 4, 2012

Week 33 of the Weekly Organization Challenge

This is week 33 of The Good Wife's Weekly Organization Challenge! This week focused on kids' books. 

I love to read. I was reading Steven King novels in 6th grade. I blame The Stand on my zombie/survival/end of civilization obsession. It was very important for me to show my love of books to The Good Daughter. At Christmas and on her birthday we ask that everyone get her books or clothes. I tend to buy her just books. 

So she has a lot. And we keep them in her room so she can read them whenever she wants and I am able to read them to her each night before bed. 

There are two ways that I organize her books.

The super anal retentive way {by far my favorite} by placing them on the shelf in order of height. 

And the group by colors.



While I prefer the almost OCD organization practice of sorting by size, I don't want that to rub off on TGD. So I let her hand me all the books at the end of the night and I put them on the shelf in the right order. However, she can group her books together by color, so I found that at the end of the night, both of us can help clean her room and feel good about it.

Now if only I didn't have to sing that damn clean up song every fucking time.


Organize along with me in The Good Wife's Weekly Organization Challenges

4 comments:

Stel said...

Let me try this! Because i also sort by subject and language!! :-P

abner fernandez said...

Love it!
To the point, articulate and very interesting,
Thanks

Linda said...

Wait... there is a song?

The Good Wife said...

Lol
"Clean up, clean up! Everybody do your share. Clean up, clean up! Everybody, everywhere."