Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Dulce de Leche Sauce

If you follow me on Instagram, you'll already know that I tried really hard not to fuck up this recipe for Dulce de Leche sauce the other day. I guess boiling milk is a temperamental bitch and she fucked up my stove. But, after 2 hours, I had this jar of thick, glorious, sweet Dulce de Leche sauce.


Now, the original intent was to make churros but let me tell you that when you make churros and you can't find the star tip to your pastry bag, you end up with a plate of sweets that literally look like shit. 

Do you know how hard it is to eat something that looks like a huge piece of shit? I was so excited to have a new recipe on the blog that I might have cried a little when it all turned to shit. I thought I might post it anyway, but let's face it, I have enough problems with my shitty photos already. No need to an actual shit photo. 

But the good thing was the recipe only called for half the sauce. So what did I do with the other half? Stay tuned.

recipe from Mary Sue Milliken and Susan Feniger

No comments: