Monday, July 1, 2013

Rainbow Cut Out Cookies

There were so many cute rainbow cookies I found while planning The Good Daughter's birthday. So many cookies that I thought I could just totally decorate in that professional way too.

Huge wake up call for me, despite making pretty cookies once or twice, I totally suck in the years it has been since. And I should know better, perfectionist I am, that I will never, ever be happy with anything I create.



I think the difference this time was I used meringue powder this time in the royal icing instead of egg whites and I guess meringue is a bitch. I did not know that about her.

But the cookies were semi pretty and tasted really good. I was able to beg the recipe from a baker friend. All credit is hers.

Ingredients:
3 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 sticks of butter
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla.

Directions:
~Whisk together dry ingredients. 

~Cream butter and sugar until smooth. Add egg until well blended. Add vanilla and slowly add in the dry ingredients.

~Roll out and bake at 375 for about 14-16 minutes, depending on the size. Decorate once cooled.

NOTE: I used a drinking cup to cut circles out of the dough and then cut those in half. 

recipe: by Lauren

No comments: